Saturday, March 31, 2012

Camping,,,,,,,,and a travel agent????

Many people are surprised to discover that I love to camp!!!!!!! Yes, I love a nice 5 star hotel as much as the next guy, and I've stayed in many gorgeous hotels all over the world,,,,,,,but our family has a long camping history, and WE LOVE TO CAMP! Nothing beats nights spent by the campfire, sticky, smoky smelling smores, a walk to the camp store for an ice cream,  nights parked right next to the beach where the smell of salt and the sound of the ocean put you to sleep,,,,or a swim in an ice cold river.

NOTHING.

We haven't camped in many a year, however,,,,,,,,as the children got older there were dance classes and recitals, girlfriends and boyfriends, and many activities to keep them too busy to camp. AND tent camping is, frankly, just not good for my back.

Sooooooo,,we miss it :)  We miss everything about it. Yes, I have my choice of  hotels at Travel Agent discounts,,,,,,but frankly,,,,,,we'd rather camp!!

So my husband and I decided to look around for a decent used pop up camper. After several weeks, our luck was with us!!! Yesterday,  we literally RAN over to Kissimmee to check out a camper someone had promised us first dibs on if we wanted it. Boy were we glad we did!

SO, without further ado,,,,,,,,,here's our new pop up camper!










Thanks for looking, and I wish YOU a lovely nights sleep under the stars with the sound of a river, brook or ocean in your future!

No comments:

Post a Comment